YENEPOYA NURSING COLLEGE
1. Youth Red Cross
Introduction: Youth Red Cross was inaugurated in Yenepoya Nursing College with a objective of encouraging youth to participate in humanitarians service. All the students of Yenepoya Nursing College are the members of Youth Red Cross.
Moto: “To serve”
• Voluntary service
• Red Cross society function with the one and only aim of serving people under distress without any consideration of caste, religion, language and nationality.
• To protect health and life
• To serve the sick and suffering
• To promote of national and international friendship to develop the mental and moral capacities of the youth.
YRC advisory Committee
Chairperson: Dr. Leena K C
Programme officer/Secretary: Mrs. Nithyashree B V
Member-Mrs. Prashma[ Faculty]
Ms. Hima Bindu[ Student]
CA Shantharama Shetty, Chairman, IRCS, DK [External member]
• Promotion of health and hygiene.
• Service to the needy people
• Training of skill and competencies
• Relief work during emergencies like flood, fire and other natural calamities.
• National integration
• Understanding and acceptance of civic responsibilities and acting accordingly with humanitarian concern, to fulfill the same.
• Growth and development of, spirit of service and sense of duty with dedication and devotion in the minds of youth.
• Foster better friendly relationship with all, without any discrimination.
2. National Service Scheme
The motto of the NSS is "Not ME, But YOU".
Aim: To arouse in the students social conscience and personality development of students through community service
The main objectives of National Service Scheme (NSS) are:
1. To understand the community in which they work
2. To understand themselves in relation to their community;
3. To identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem solving.
4. To develop among them a sense of social and civic responsibility
5. To utilize their knowledge in finding practical solutions to individual and community problems
6. Develop competence required for group-living and sharing of responsibilities
7. To Gain skills in mobilizing community participation;
8. Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitudes.
9. Develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters and give maximum medical benefits.
10. Practice national integration and social harmony.
3. Red Ribbon Club
Introduction: The Red Ribbon Club, functioning under District AIDS Control and Prevention Unit, Dakshina Kannada was inaugurated on 28th February 2020.
Aim: Spreading awareness on HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care, Treatment and support services among youth.
To reduce new HIV infection among youth by raising their risk perception through awareness of Sex, Sexuality and HIV & AIDS.
To induce among youth the spirit to help and support People Living with HIV/AIDS (PLHIV) thereby reduces stigma and discrimination against them.
Educate youth with correct, concise and adequate information and heighten their level of awareness about HIV AIDS, STI and other related issues (thus eliminate myths and misconceptions).
Enable youth to identify and understand situations of exploitation and abuse.
Sensitize the youth regarding care and support needs of people affected with HIV AIDS and instill in them the spirit to reduce the stigma and discrimination against them.
Create and train among the youth a cadre of peer educators for spreading awareness about HIV-AIDS and its prevention in the community.
• Conducting awareness Training Programmes to red ribbon club Volunteers
• Conducting awareness Rally.
• Observation of World AIDS Day every year at District level.
• Organizing Blood donation camps
Office Bearers :
Chair person: Dr.Leena K.C , Dean, Yenepoya Nursing College
Programme officer : Mrs.Navya, Asst. Professor
Assistant . Programme officer :Ms.Daisy, Lecturer
Red ribbon club Volunteers :100 B.Sc Nursing students
Student Representatives : Maria Jose, Ashifa T, Mariya Sebastian, Nimmy Johny, Swathi A.